Sermon from Acts chapter 23 when Paul is brought before the Jewish Sanhedrin by the Roman Centurion. Their reaction and response provide us another example of how a Christian is to work within the State. Some of the take aways were:
- Though an officeholder dishonors the office through his conduct, one does not have liberty to dishonor him (cf. 1 Sam 24:6; 26:9-11). Do not speak evil about the ruler of your people (cf. Ex. 22:27)
- Know to whom you minister; their beliefs, etc.
- Christ perfectly comforts in…
- Shame turns to honor when Paul lengthens the title to say “Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus” or “prisoner for the Lord”
- The interrelationship of the Christian and the State