This is just a brief summary of what was decided at the last church meeting:
1. Our after school program will begin this Fall semester. We will open the church building on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for Middle and High School students. There will be games, music, tutoring, etc. along with food & drink. We need volunteers and there will be a volunteer meeting called by Jeanette.
2. Formal creation of the “Board of Deacons,” candidate names must be submitted by Sept. 16th. Once the Board of Elders have certified the candidates, there will be a church vote upon the candidates. We need 3 or 5 deacons. Please consider Acts 6:1-6 and 1 Tim. 3:8-13 as you consider who to nominate. [read more in our Bylaws about Deacons and their election.]
3. A missions commission will be created. This commission will take the next 2 months to read and study more about missions and to determine what criteria our church will use in determining our international investments & partnerships.
4. We are encouraging the formation of “care groups,” groups of people around a particular theme or interest for 12-week sessions to facilitate a stronger cohesion of the church body. Have an idea for a group, post it at church.
5. We have agreed to begin looking for a new building that will allow us to have more Sunday school rooms and allow for more people to join on Sundays. We feel called to remain inside Pinedale, preferably within the core historic region.
6. We will once again host a float in the Pinedale Parade of Lights in December. We would like to encourage other evangelical churches in Pinedale to join us as we celebrate the real reason for the season.
7. We are encouraging as many High Schoolers (public and home) to take advantage of the Evangelical Seminary that has been authorized by school administration. Go to our Youth page for more info.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the meeting, it was a long but very important one. Thank you also for your continued prayers for our church and our community.