This is Chris Hardin’s sermon from October 26th about God’s grace in the face of big problems and challenges in our lives.
Sermon from October 12th about the coming shaking upon the Church and the nations. We discuss the need to understand the times and the need to be unified rather than scattered so that we may encourage and help one another. Some of the other main points were:
- Being in the daily Word keeps an open door of communication and helps us see life rightly
- Wheat & chaff are separated in His hands
- Be vigilant and purposeful but without fear
- Yet once more a time of shaking is coming, it’s purpose is to separate what can and cannot be shaken.
- Commit to trusting God and engage on the journey despite the dangers along the way.
Sermon from October 5th discussing the problem of fear and its hindrances upon our Christian life and walk. Some of the main points were:
- We are Spirit filled sons & daughters of the Eternal Father
- We need to beware of the snares of fear that hurt us and hold us back.
- Steward your talents in the fear of God.
- By standing by faith in Christ and you can weather the storms of fear; you do not have live under but above.
- Faith in Christ is not a tranquilizer to close our eyes to the world of pain, but the catalyst to embolden us to build God’s Kingdom here and now.
- The Father’s heart is for us and we can be confident in Him.
Sermon from September 28th discussing the difference between an orphan spirit and being sons & daughters of God the Father through Jesus. Some of the highlights are:
- An orphan spirit has a sense of abandonment, loneliness, alienation and isolation.
- We are not self-made
- The covenant of God through the blood and body of Jesus the Christ.
- We may now call the Creator God – Father
- Be renewed and transformed
- We are no longer orphans; we’ve been adopted into the family of God. The proof is the presence of the Spirit of Christ dwelling in our lives and changing us into His image – hour by hour and day by day – until He’s done.
This is the last sermon in the series “The Spirit Filled Church.” Some of the principle points were:
- We are the Temple of the Holy Spirit and we ought to eagerly desire and expect the manifestations of His presence.
- God’s supply never ends, and we need to take responsibility for our part.
- The Master requires a ride into town.
- The gifts are given for the edification of the Church according to the plans of the Tekton.
- His Kingdom come
This is Patrick’s sermon on the morning of September 14th based upon 2 Kings 7 of God’s miraculous deliverance from the Syrian army and the courage of four lepers. Along with a needed exhortation, Patrick also included a brief report of his ministry with Vision Beyond Borders.
Click on the link for more information on Vision Beyond Borders.
Sermon from September 7th on the workings of the gifts of the Holy Spirit within the Church. Some of the key points were:
- Each person must decide whether the Spirit and His gifts were just scaffolding, or whether they’re part of the superstructure of the Church today.
- Walk by, be filled with and live in the Spirit.
- Eagerly desire and rejoice in the gifts.
- God’s Spirit is always flowing, always at work. We must take responsibility for our end of the pipe and keep it clean.
- Humbly bear Christ, the true hero of the Story, into the hearts and homes of others. He is Master and He is God.